Saturday, April 07, 2007

Gogol Bordello

Ok so, not, as some of you may have been hoping for, a Something Wicked related post but another arb peek into my life.

I was recently floating around a friends mySpace page and came across a band called Gogol Bordello. A truly multi-national Eastern European band from New York, probably best described by this quote from a review for their album Multi Contra Kulti vs Irony from The London Times.

"Asked to describe Gogol Bordello, the singer Eugene Hutz came up with 'gypsy punk cabaret.' But that's only half the story. Hutz, a Ukranian, is joined on this album by a Russian fiddler, a Jewish guitarist, a Slavic accordionist and an Israeli saxophonist."


They have been around for awhile now and some of you stranger folk out there may snicker at how slow I've been, but wow.
These guys are totally and completely off-the-wall insane and just to prove it I have embedded the video of their song Start Wearing Purple below.

I love it, but hey I've always been weird.
Anyway, it's late and I've been cooped up in front of this computer for over a week now.....

No comments: