Thursday, March 19, 2009

It's All About Perspective

Short one this time.
Just read an article titled "Britons Soak Up Spring Sunshine" - on Yahoo! News
Apparently "London has become warmer than Istanbul...In the capital, office workers were seen sunbathing in parks as temperatures soared to 15C"

Now, I may be going insane here, but the word "soared" and 15C shouldn't really ever be in the same sentence.

Right now Capetownians are freezing our asses off as temperatures have dropped to 15C - and that's our minimum!
Seriously - we've been sitting at temps in the upper 30's for the last three weeks and since Sunday our temps have dropped to around 22C-25C and I'm freezing my ass off! The idea of basking in soaring 15C sunshine sounds like hell.
A really really cold hell.

But it's all about perspective - I know if I was still in London I'd be thrilled to be getting 15 degree weather in Mid-march. I remember being there in March 2001 - 21st of march to be precise. It was snowing and the maximum temperature for the day was 0.
Man I love living in Cape Town - bring on the sunshine, seriously, I'm really really cold.

Five Day Forecast for CT:

Thursday
19 March
sunny
26º Fine with the wind a moderate south-easterly
16º
Friday
20 March
partly cloudy
26º Partly cloudy with the wind a moderate southerly
16º
Saturday
21 March
partly cloudy
28º Partly cloudy with the wind a moderate south-easterly
17º
Sunday
22 March
sunny
29º Fine with the wind a moderate southerly
18º
Monday
23 March
sunny
28º Fine with the wind a moderate south-easterly

No comments: