Saturday, March 31, 2007

work...work...work

Aaargh...tired.
Been working all day on finalising layout for Issue 3 and my eyes are getting screwy.
Well, I have finally joined the mySpace revolution - if you wanna call it that - and after several hours trying to make the default puke-screen look decent I am finally happy to allow people to have a look at it.

Went away last weekend 'cause my best friend who lives in Joburg was "in the neighbourhood" for the weekend. What I mean is he had hired out a cottage on a farm up by Montagu - so I drove 3 hours to get out there to spend a couple of days with him.
On the Saturday we went down to a town called Arniston, just East of Cape Agulhus, for a dip in the sea. Another 3 hour 250k round trip for a quick lunch, but I think you'll agree the view was worth it.This is the most stupidly beautiful beach I have ever seen, and because it's in the Indian Ocean it is warm, warm, warm... well at least for someone coming from Cape Town it is.

Sunday I drove back and have been slaving over a hot laptop ever since.
Other than that we have been running around shamelessly promoting Something Wicked high and low, including handing out free copies to MyAnna Buring and Craig Conway, two of the cast members of The Descent, and Paul Hyett the make-up special effects designer. They were very happy to receive them, hey, maybe they'll take out subscriptions. I'm still hoping to get some copies to Neil Mashall and his D.P. Sam McCurdy - So you see your stories are travelling the world :)

I must admit I am having a blast being the cameraman on these Fangoria interviews. As an actor I do get to meet a bunch of interesting and famous people, but as part of an interview crew I get to actually interact with them as opposed to just saying "morning" as you walk past during breakfast.
It's also reminding me how much I love to be behind the camera and how much I would love to make a horror movie sometime soon.

I actually started writing a script about a year ago, I think I am about 58 pages in, but it kind of lost the impetus and has since been dumped on the need-to-fix-later pile along with a bunch of other things.
Hey maybe we should have a horror short-film screenplay competition in Something Wicked. What do you guys think?
Best 10 minutes script gets made.
I'll crack the crew out of storage an we'll dust off our cameras and get busy rolling some tape.
Sounds brilliant to me :)

Anyway, I guess I'd better stop talking crap and get back to working on finishing Issue 3, since it needs to be at the printers by Monday morning.

Goodnight for now, folks.
Joe

Yes I am still reading The Unquiet... and yes I do have to write a review on it before Monday.
I think I'll spend tomorrow in bed and polish off that book.
So far though - damn good :)

No comments: